Our remote IT managed service agreement typically covers the following items:
- Remote support: This includes providing remote assistance to users for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues on their PC, Laptop or Mobile Device
- Network monitoring and management: This includes monitoring of servers, workstations, and other network devices** to ensure they are running smoothly and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Security management: This includes managing firewalls**, anti-virus software, and other security measures to protect the network from cyber threats.
- Backup and disaster recovery*: This includes creating and maintaining regular backups of important data, as well as planning and implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Software updates and patch management: This includes keeping operating systems up to date with the latest security patches and updates.
A project, on the other hand, is a specific, defined task or set of tasks that is undertaken to achieve a specific goal or objective.
Projects are not included in your managed support contract, and will be quoted when requested.
- Implementing a new software system, or upgrading a complex existing such as a CRM, ERP, or accounting software
- Making big changes to your Office 365 estate, that is not a general user task. Examples of this can be
- Migrating data
- Migrating users
- Creating Sharepoint templates
- Creating document templates
- Upgrading or replacing hardware, such as servers, workstations, or network devices
- Migrating data to a new platform, such as moving from on-premises to cloud-based storage
- Implementing new security measures, such as implementing a new firewall or implementing two-factor authentication
- Network infrastructure design and implementation
- Cloud migration
- Data center consolidation
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Automation of processes and workflows
* If you have servers, and have our server management package
** If you have our Critical Infrastructure package
Fully out of scope
There are a few things we don’t do, we feel it’s important that you are aware of these things
- Anything related to home networks
- Anything related to non business owned devices
- Website modifications