Two vulnerabilities have been identified in versions of Citrix ADC (formerly NetScaler), Citrix Gateway, and Citrix SD-WAN WANOP Edition appliances.
|CVE-2020-8299||Network-based denial-of-service from within the same Layer 2 network segment||Medium|
|CVE-2020-8300||SAML authentication hijack through a phishing attack to steal a valid user session||High|
What you need to do:
ALL Citrix ADC, Citrix Gateway and Citrix SD-WAN WANOP edition customers running the affected versions should update their appliance firmware to address CVE-2020-8299.
CVE-2020-8300 only impacts Citrix ADCs and Citrix Gateways running affected firmware versions which are configured as:
- SAML SPs (have SAML actions configured)
- SAML iDPs (have SAML iDP profiles configured).
Any Citrix ADC or Gateway customers who are using SAML and are on the affected versions should update their appliance firmware.
Additional configuration is required after this firmware upgrade is applied, further details on applying these configurations can be found in the following article:
Stu Carroll of Coffee Cup Solutions has also written a technical blog detailing how Citrix Cloud ADM Service can be used to discover and remediate Citrix ADC vulnerabilities: Managing Citrix ADC vulnerabilities with Citrix ADM Security Advisory – [email protected]
We can help.
At Coffee Cup Solutions we manage a significant number of Citrix ADCs, Citrix Gateways and Citrix SD-WANs for our customers. We offer tailored support packages, tuned to customer’s specific requirements, allowing us to respond quickly to vulnerabilities and manage them through each step from discovery to verification of remediation.
Key benefits include:
- Prevent service impacting issues through proactive performance monitoring and incident management, by detecting and resolving potential issues before they occur.
- Optimise end-user experience by proactively monitoring and assessing performance data
- Extend your service delivery team by taking on ownership of the ADC infrastructure, allowing us to deliver continual improvements in line with changes in technology.
- Reduce the costs of keeping Citrix Infrastructure up to date through product lifecycle planning and delivering infrastructure updates as a continual service, rather than one-off project.
- Accelerate the implementation of security threat mitigations and fixes. by working closely with our technology partners to identify and patch or mitigate newly exposed vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure Business continuity through thorough testing of disaster recovery plans and monitoring the availability and functionality of failover infrastructure.
We offer ADC support as part of a broader Citrix managed service agreement, or In many cases in isolation – extending internal skills or supplementing existing 3rd party relationships, as required.
Packages can be designed to include other elements such as project work, which is delivered at a discounted rate, or training – whether in a formal classroom setting or as more of a “skills transfer” type scenario.