Small/Medium Business (SMB) and the Benefits of Moving to a Cloud Solution
SMBs are always looking for automation and technologies to improve their business in a very cost-effective way. These technologies and applications were very costly and complicated to operate for SMBs by a fewer number of staffs, but cloud technologies are very helpful for small or medium businesses, not only in making servers more dependable, but also in helping them to prepare for disasters.
Cloud means internet and is a combination of hardware, networks, storage, services, and interfaces that helps in delivering computing as a service. The cloud acts as a common centre for its users and gives them a full computer support. Cloud computing is a general term used to describe a new class of network-based computing that takes place over the internet, basically a step on from Utility Computing. In other words, this is a collection or group of integrated and networked hardware, software and internet infrastructure, which is called a platform.
Small and Medium Businesses can reap a lot of benefits of moving to Cloud Solutions. Cloud platforms allow SMBs to compete in the cloud giant-controlled environment. With the help of a Cloud Solution, they can access and manage the commercial software, centralise the activities of management of software in the web environment, develop applications that are capable of managing several clients, and centralise the updating feature of software that eliminates the need of downloading the upgrades.
Cloud Solution enables companies and applications, which are system infrastructure dependent, to be infrastructure-less. By using the cloud infrastructure on “pay as used and on demand”, all of the SMBs can save on capital and operation investment. Cloud Solution gives SMBs a strong technical support. Some small and medium companies do understand the benefits of moving to Cloud Solutions and have moved to one. SMBs usually begin with the simple email Cloud Solutions without knowing that they are already reaching for the cloud.
The Benefits of Moving to Cloud Solution for SMBs:
- With the lower computer costs, companies improve their performance and also reduce software costs.
- Cloud software solutions can be updated instantly with a very low cost.
- Companies put their data on the platform instead of on their own desktop PCs and/or on their own servers and get unlimited storage capacity.
- They can put their applications on the cloud and use the servers within the cloud to do processing and data manipulations etc.
- Universal data access, which means data can be accessed from anywhere and at anytime, which makes the business portable and flexible, and companies can give extra time and effort on business strategies and solutions to make their performance better.
- Sophisticated and high levels of security protocol that ensure business and data protection.
- Easier group collaboration and device independence.